Red Wine Marinated Eye of Round Steaks
Recipe type: Steak
Serves: 2 Steaks
A quick, delicious way to get cook great steak at home!
- 2 Eye of Round Steaks (4 - 6 ounces, each)
- Seasoned salt (We used French Sea Salt seasoned with Basil and Green Pepper that we bought in Saint Paul-de-Vence in Provence).
- 1 cup of Red Wine.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter.
- ¼ cup Brandy
- Place steaks in a ceramic or glass bowl with a lid.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Pour in wine and turn steaks to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours, turning every hour or so.
- In a medium sized skillet, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Place steaks in butter and cook on each side 5 - 9 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Deglaze pan with remaining marinade and ¼ cup Brandy.
- Turn steaks to coat.
- Cover pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Plate steaks and spoon sauce over them.
This great spring recipe from Tyler Florence is imbued with Olive Oil and fresh herbs. It’s a great variation on plain potatoes and peas that’s fresh and new. We thought it would be just as good chilled and served as potato salad.
It would also be good with fish, chicken, or pork – a great all-around side dish.
|Braveheart wonders, “What’s for dinner?”|
These recipes are provided for your personal use. If you publish them, or re-post them, please give me credit. Grazie e Buon Appetito!