Baked Sunday Mornings ~ Substitute ~ New York-style Crumb Cake

Grab a fork!
Wonderful Sour Cream Cake

This week’s Baked Sunday Mornings challenge is for Pecan Tassies.  I love Pecan Tassies, but I just made them for Christmas because they’re a tradition in my family.  Since the recipe I used and the Baked recipe were surprisingly similar, I decided to take the opportunity to make up a recipe I missed since it was featured before I joined.  I’ve had the New York-style Crumb Cake tabbed since I got the book, so am excited to finally bake it this week.

Fresh from the oven!

Easy to make & even easier to eat!  The crumb topping tastes like caramel!  I fought the temptation to throw walnuts on top.  I’m sure to make this again and again!

My beautiful NEW Kitchen Aid mixer!  Isn’t it gorgeous?!?  I had my other one for 18 years and there was nothing wrong with it, so I really had to think about getting a new one, but this one has more power (575 Watts) & a bigger bowl (6 quarts).  And, just look at the color!  I’m so ready for Tuesdays with Dorie now!

Comments

This crumb cake was so good! Adding some walnuts is a great idea. Gorgeous mixer! I’ve had my KitchenAid for about 18 years too and keep hoping it will break so I can justify getting a new one!

Your New York Style Crumb Cake is beautiful! When I made this cake I took the instructions literally and really made huge crumbs and it wasn’t pretty. Yours looks exactly like a crumb cake should look. Walnuts would have been a great addition. LOVE your new kitchen aid! It is such a beautiful, warm color.

Loving the crumb topping on that cake & the new mixer is stunningly beautiful.
    You are totally ready! (I just splurged on a new rolling pin in the name of TWD – great minds…)

I read this and finally broke down and bought the book. Damn you. I need to hurry and make this before Tuesday when I promised to back off baked goods for a couple of weeks.

Okay, I LOVE your plate. And your new KA. And ooooh, I love the crumb on that cake!

I was in the same position with my Kitchen Aid – 20 years old and nothing wrong with it, but I couldn’t resist more power and a bigger bowl. My old one got a great home with a family friend though. :)

I wish I had a piece of your crumb cake for breakfast, it looks gorgeous, way better than any I’ve seen in a bakery! Wow, gorgeous new Kitchen Aid, congratulations on your purchase and happy baking;-)

I love crumb cake and this one look incredible! So professional looking! I love you new Kitchen Aid…mine is about 23 years old and I was just trying to come up with a good excuse to change it up! I just made my white bread yesterday for Tuesdays! Looking forward to a new adventure!

We enjoyed this crumbcake…nice work.
    Hubby surprised me with a new Kitchen Aid for Christmas…so I guess we are both ready for new baking projects and groups. Fun. Bigger is always better…we need them! I am happy for you.