M. Jacques’ Armagnac Chicken ~ aka Magical Chicken ~ French Fridays with Dorie

Ta-dah – Chicken Magic!
Fresh Vegetables

This week’s French Fridays With Dorie challenge is for M.Jacques’ Armagnac Chicken ~ which could be accurately described as “magical.”  Reading Dorie’s description of this dish let me know I was in for something special, but I had no idea just how special it would be until lifted the lid from my le Creuset French Oven!

Cooked Vegetables

It was incredibly easy.  And delicious!  The vegetables were perfectly cooked and the chicken was falling-off-the-bone tender.  The only change we made to the recipe was to sprinkle a little Wondra Flour into the sauce to thicken it a bit.  This recipe will definitely make a repeat appearance in our kitchen!

John said the Carrots were his favorite part!
Bon Appetit!

Comments

This was a very tender chicken (although, I think the “lazy chicken” is still my favorite :-) ) It’s still a perfect dish for a lazy winter afternoon.
    I love how big your carrots are!
    Have a great weekend.

I made this last night for dinner and I thought it was the best chicken
    dish that I have eaten in many years. It is so simple and easy to prepare
    that even after a day at work, it would be a quick meal. Yours looks
    so delicious, and your photos are wonderful.

Even my husband was saying this morning “well it WAS good chicken” :) Hmmm- perhaps I will need to give this another shot. Funny how happy it still makes us to read about others enjoying a recipe – fun !!

We loved it too! The flavor was wonderful and it was relatively easy to put together. A great dinner that will make many more appearances at our table! Your dinner and photos are beautiful!

Hey Susan, did I tell you I signed up for the new baking group recommended by you. I’ve had the book for years and have hardly opened it…don’t know what’s the matter with me…too many other projects so I needed a good push. Thanks.

Your post is lovely and that last photo makes me hungry. We all fought over the carrots. I added more than called for in the recipe, but they were the best part! I agree, Magic.

It does come out of the pot perfectly juicy and tender. Good idea of thicking the jus with a bit of flour. I was at a lost with the thin jus regardless how long I tried to reduce it.

Next time I’m doubling the carrots or at least slicing them in larger chunks. Since I let my chicken simmer for a long time, most of my carrots were VERY soft. Have a great weekend!

Magical Chicken – so true! This is a super recipe and I thoroughly enjoyed making it and can’t wait to make it again. Your dish looks perfect and I love your photos, Susan.