Quatre Quarts ~ French Fridays with Dorie ~ with Limoncello Blueberry Sauce

Quatre Quarts – lovely, light, & golden!

This week’s French Fridays with Dorie challenge is for Quatre Quarts  which is a lovely, light cake that is simple to make.  Although American Pound Cake is said to have been derived from this French cake, the French version is far lighter.  The cake is good on its own, but also serves as a delicious base for fruit, chocolate, or any number of toppings.  Because this cake is not too sweet, it would be a great addition to a Brunch or Tea table.

Limoncello Blueberry Sauce

I found fresh Blueberries at the market, so created this Limoncello Blueberry Sauce which was just perfect.

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, stir together:  1/2 cup Water, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1/2 cup Limoncello, 12 ounces Blueberries.  Continue stirring until blueberries start to bubble (about 8 minutes).  Then add: 2 teaspoons Arrowroot (or Cornstarch) dissolved in 2 Tablespoons water.  Continue stirring until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.

On Monday, my brother & I discovered the Coronado Butterfly Preserve in Goleta, CA.  I’d never seen anything like it!  It was truly magical.  The docent said they estimate at least 52,000 Monarch Butterflies in residence.

Comments

Limoncello blueberry sauce – yes, please !! Sounds lovely indeed and reminds me of much warmer weather. It was freezing in PA this week so having warm “carbs” with coffee was much appreciated. Nice to see the beautiful butterflies too – another reminder of warmer days to come ~

What a lovely topping you have created. Like others, I’m really enjoying seeing all the toppings for this simple yet tasty cake. I love that this cake is lighter than pound cake…I was surprised by how much I like this cake. I’m thinking about all the ways it can be used and I’m excited to bake it again…I think I’ll double the recipe. And…I’ll have to show my granddaughter, Penguin, your site…she is in love with butterflies.

Susan, Limoncello blueberry sauce…wow! That sounds wonderful and your cake came out gorgeous! I actually had a bottle of limoncello in my hand at the liquor store yesterday…I think I’ll go back and get it! Have a great weekend!

Oh wow yours turned out stunning and mouthwatering. I’ve been a member of Dorie’s for so long now and keep forgetting to do her recipes to share on Fridays. I did look this morning to see what’s in store for next week and noticed that now we can select the recipes we want to make for the poll rather than Dorie picking them out.

I’ll have to try this one since your photo looks so moist and delicious!

Too bad my cake is already gone, because your limoncello blueberry sauce looks fantastic. I’d like to try it another time. Love your butterfly photo. We once saw thousands of butterflies at a state park in Santa Cruz during a vacation to the West Coast. It was incredible.

I’m drooling over that limoncello blueberry sauce. I may have to make this tonight and try that – thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks divine! Your butterfly is really beautiful – they are so elegant and graceful. Nice way to start Sunday afternoon!