White Loaves ~ My First Tuesdays with Dorie Post!

Sliced for Sandwiches!
After first rise

I was so excited to see the Tuesdays with Dorie group open to new members after they spent 4 years baking their way through Baking from My Home to Yours which is my favorite baking book.  This post marks the beginning of a new journey through Baking with Julia.  I’m happy to see so many French Fridays with Dorie friends joining this group and I’m looking forward to making new friends, too.  If you’d like to join, it would be great to have you.

Fresh from the oven!
Warm and ready to slice!

This bread was incredibly easy to make.  It rose beautifully and  baked perfectly.  I baked one loaf plain and spread softened butter and Seasonello on top of the other one.

We don’t eat a lot of white loaf bread, so this was a wonderful treat.  We enjoyed ham muenster cheese sandwiches with warm bread fresh from the oven!  What a perfect lunch.

I can’t believe I took this photo!  Blue Heron & Brown Pelican fighting over a piece of fish – Shelter Island, San Diego, CA

Comments

I am with Anita! I cannot think any food that tastes better than fresh baked bread…I can take it a step further..homemade bread slathered in butter and jam (love it). Thanks for sharing.

Velva

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog. Beets are super easy to grow and they are quite delicious.
    I am your newest follower :-)

Wow, perfectly baked loaves of bread, looks so good! I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe and put it to good use making sandwiches. I gave most of mine away to the grand kids!

This bread was a treat for us too…I never buy plain white bread…maybe Italian or French breads to go with meals, etc…but white bread is rare for us. I agree that this recipe was simple and baked nicely…made pretty sandwiches and we really like the way it toasts. Love those birds. You get great nature shots.

Susan, Your bread came out gorgeous and looks perfectly delicious! There is something to be said for warm bread just out of the oven. So glad your part of this group…another adventure! See you Friday!

We don’t eat much white bread either but this was so much heartier than the usual white loaf! I will make it again when I need a quick home baked bread. Yours is lovely.

The Seasonello looks great on the second loaf. We don’t have a lot of sandwiches, or white bread at home either, but really enjoyed this one! See you Friday!