As I looked back over the years, I spotted a trend: John & I like to celebrate with steak & lobster. John has really mastered the art of grilling lobster basted in butter. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that but I wanted something a little different for Valentine’s Day. Since it’s been dreary here lately, we decided to bring our lobster indoors and created this risotto with layers of fabulous flavor. The great thing is these recipes work well together in that you have time to make the risotto while the steaks are resting.
We served this with a light, mineraly Vermentino from Tablas Creek in Paso Robles.
|A perfect feast for your love!|
- 2 8-ounce Filets
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking and sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides.
- Coat the inside of a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil.
- Place pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke, sear steaks on both sides, about 3 minutes a side.
- Place a baking rack over a sheet of foil and place steaks on the rack.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for ½ hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place steaks back in cast iron skillet.
- Place skillet in oven for 5 - 12 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the steak and the way you like them.
- Remove pan from oven and allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
|So many layers of flavor to complement the lobster!|
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large Shallots, minced
- 1 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 ounces Pancetta, diced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- Add 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup White Sherry
- 2 small Lobster Tails, shelled and cubed
- 1 cup cooked Spinach (we used frozen thawed in the microwave)
- ½ teaspoon Sunny Spain Seasoning
- Pepper, to taste (you probably won't need to add extra salt)
- 3 ounces Boschetto al Tartuffo Cheese, shaved.
- Lobster Risotto
- In a large skillet, saute Olive Oil, Shallots, Garlic, Pancetta.
- When the shallots start to caramelize, stir in Arborio Rice.
- Continue stirring until rice begins to brown.
- Add Vegetable Broth in 1 cup increments, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Then stir in White Sherry and Lobster.
- When Lobster turns orange, stir in Spinach, Sunny Spain Seasoning, and Pepper.
- When most of the liquid is absorbed, stir in 3 ounces Boschetto al Tartuffo Cheese, shaved.
- Let rest for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional Cheese, if desired.
|Happy Valentine’s Day!|
|Graffiti at the dock in Baton Rouge, Louisiana|