When I saw the beautiful Wild White Shrimp that Fresh Fish Fanatics had for sale on their boat and the fresh Asparagus I found at the Farmers’ Market, I decided to create a simple pasta dish to feature them. We also had a few scallops leftover from the Scallops en Papillote Over Fettuccine we’d made, so I added them in, too!
If you love shrimp and you’re looking for a quick, delicious weeknight dinner, this is it! Enjoy with salad, wine, and bread!
- 1 pound Linguine, cooked and strained
- 1 pound Wild White Shrimp (you can also use thawed, frozen shrimp), cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1 bunch Asparagus, cut into thirds
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Parisien Bonnes Herbes
- 1/4 pound Bay Scallops
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Prepare 1 pound of Linguine according to package directions.[br]
- Place Asparagus in a bowl with a little bit of water.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap, leaving a small vent.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- While the pasta is boiling, place a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then sauté the Shallots and Garlic until they have softened.
- Stir in the wine, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes allowing some of the wine to evaporate.
- Then stir in the Scallops, Shrimp, and Asparagus.
- Turn off the heat as soon as the Shrimp turn pink.
- Strain Linguine and stir into the sauce.
- Serve in pasta bowls and top with Parmesan chees (unless you’re from Southern Italy!)
These recipes are provided for your personal use. If you publish them, or re-post them, please give me credit. Grazie e Buon Appetito!
|We bought 4 of these gorgeous Italian Terracotta pots for citrus trees!|