This quick summer-fresh dinner is perfect to make on a weeknight or weekend. It’s light, healthy, and easy to make. Bits of chicken are alternated with fresh vegetables and the whole thing is brushed in flavored olive oil. We harvested fresh peas from our garden for this yummy rice!
|A fresh summer dinner|
Recipe type: Barbeque
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Old World Central Street seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- For the Brochettes
- 2 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1" cubes.
- 2 Zucchini, cut into ½-inch rings.
- 1 Red Onion, cut into wedges.
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in warm water for 1 hour.
- Reconstitute Old World Central Street seasoning in water for 5 minutes.
- Then whisk in Olive Oil
- Build Brochettes alternating each item on the prepared skewers.
- Place Brochettes in a rimmed pan and brush thoroughly with sauce.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Grill Brochettes for 5 - 7 minutes per side.
|Fresh from the grill|
Herbed Rice with Fresh Peas
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Onion, finely minced.
- 1 Cup short grain Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Lake Shore Drive Seasoning
- ½ cup fresh Peas (You can use frozen peas, too. Just microwave them, then stir into the cooked rice at the end.)
- Herbed Rice with Fresh Peas
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, saute onions in butter.
- When Onion is softened, stir in short grain Rice and stir until lightly browned.
- Then stir in water, Lake Shore Drive Seasoning, and fresh Peas.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off, allow rice to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
|Funky house in Santa Monica, California|
These recipes are provided for your personal use. If you publish them, or re-post them, please give me credit. Grazie e Buon Appetito!