I bought some Pomegranate Juice to make Bourbon Cherries (we’ll be posting soon) and had a lot leftover so I decided to use it up in Granita. The Granita is beautiful and delicious on it’s own, but makes a spectacular cocktail with Gamay Rouge poured over it. Perfect for sipping in the garden on a summer afternoon!
|Sweet, icy, delicious!|
- 3 cups Pomegranate Juice
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup V. Sattui Gamay Rouge
- 1 Star Anise
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together all ingredients.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Star Anise, then pour the syrup into a shallow dish with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place in the freezer and stir every 3 hours, or so.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Right before serving, scrape with a fork to fluff.
- Serve in ice cream dishes for dessert.
- Or, serve in wine glasses with Gamay Rouge poured over it for a refreshing cocktail!
- It’s delicious either way!
|Multi-colored Cauliflower at the Channel Islands Farmers’ Market|