|A perfect Autumn snack!|
There’s a wonderful bakery in Camarillo called “The Bread Basket.” We’ve been going there for years. I would stop by almost weekly to pick up dinner on my way to California Lutheran University when I was working on my doctorate because our classes ran from 5 – 10 on Thursday nights with only a half hour break. Most often, I would get a Nut Crunch Sandwich and two Caramel Oatmeal Cookies. It’s been many years since I’ve made the drive to CLU, but I still remember how wonderful those cookies were! This is my best attempt at recreating them. Although not a perfect match, they are really, really good & chewy!
|See the caramel & walnuts peeking through?|
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 11-ounce bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, blend butter, sugar, brown sugar for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Then mix in eggs, until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- Then add flour, baking soda,and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Then add in oats, walnuts, and caramels
- Beat until nuts and caramel bits are incorporated, then use a scoop to shape the cookie dough and arrange it on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes (I like my cookies chewy, so if you like them crunchy, bake them a little longer.)
|So good that we (almost) cleaned the plate!|
|I made this miniature pincushion from an antique Austrian Salt Cellar for my friend Doretta’s birthday!|
These recipes are provided for your personal use. If you publish them, or re-post them, please give me credit. Grazie e Buon Appetito!