We all have them. You know, those spices we bought for a special recipe, received as a gift, or bought at a gourmet shop that sit in our pantries until we can’t remember what we bought them for? Well, the smart team at Ground 2 Table came up with a great idea: Buy Small | Use It All. They offer 12 unique salt and sugar-free spice blends in 0.7 ounce (2g) packets that are just enough for one-time use so your spices are always fresh.
We were lucky enough to receive a full set of all 12 blends to try and feature on our blog. With so many to choose from, we decided to try Spice Blend 8 (Chinese 5 Spice) first in a wonderful Shrimp Lo Mein. The taste of shrimp and fresh vegetables shone through with bright, fresh flavor and just a hint of heat. The spices were in perfect proportion to update a family favorite recipe.
- 1 12-ounce package Chow Mein Udon noodles
- 1 pound Large Shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 4 ribs Celery, finely diced
- 1 bunch Green Onions (8 - 10), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 package Ground 2 Table Spice Blend 8 (Chinese 5 Spice)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Seafood Broth
- 2 Tablespoons White Sherry
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 - 4 dashes Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch, mixed with 2 Tablespoons Water
- Stir together seafood broth, sherry, soy sauce, Sriracha and cornstarch paste. Set aside.
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw under running water.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Test the oil by placing a single piece of celery in the wok. When it dances, the oil is hot enough.
- Add celery and carrots to the wok, stirring until they begin to soften.
- Then stir in onions and garlic.
- Add shrimp and seasoning.
- Stir until shrimp is cooked, if raw (or heated through, if cooked).
- Pour sauce over shrimp and vegetables and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Strain noodles and toss with shrimp and vegetables until thoroughly combined.
- Enjoy steaming hot!
With our unique spice blends, the sky is the limit when it comes to culinary creativity! Numbers instead of traditional labels free you from the bounds of what is ‘supposed’ to go on your juicy steak, in your fresh baked cookies or sprinkled on your morning eggs. Experiment and discover the powerful magic that spices can have on any meal. ~ Ground 2 Table website
The one-use size of these spice packets also make them perfect to take to a cookout, on a picnic, or on vacation when renting an apartment. Simply take and use exactly what you need. With great blends like Mesquite BBQ, Poultry, Curry, and Cinnamon & Spice, you’re sure to find something to delight your palette. To find out more about Ground 2 Table organic spices, search their recipes, or to place an order, be sure visit their website: https://g2t.com/.