White Peaches in Late Harvest Pinot Blanc Reduction Syrup
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 375ml bottle Nicolaysen Family Vineyards Late Harvest Pinot Blanc (or other sweet dessert wine)
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 - 4 drops Orange Oil (or 1-inch slice of Orange Peel)
- 6 Black Peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When sugar dissolves, reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid reduces by half, about 15 minutes.
- While Syrup is simmering, peel and slice 4 White Peaches into a large bowl.
- Allow Syrup to cool for about 10 minutes, then pour over sliced Peaches.
- Steep for at least ½ hour.
- Serve in champagne saucers.
These were also excellent over Sourdough French Toast the next morning!
|Redwood Stand in Santa Barbara Botanic Garden|
These recipes are provided for your personal use. If you publish them, or re-post them, please give me credit. Grazie e Buon Appetito!
Mary Hirsch says
Ohhhhhh, Sourdough French Toast. Be still my heart.
Cocoa and Lavender says
We love peaches in red wine for dessert but this sounds amazing! ~ David